Improving the human condition is what fuels our passion for finding new ways of enabling scientific exploration. As a company, we strive to create end-to-end solutions that are simpler, easier, faster and more relevant to today’s life science challenges.
As the pioneer in the field of spatial biology, NanoString enables scientists across the globe to envision molecular interactions in three dimensions with three different systems, the nCounter® Analysis System, the GeoMx® Digital Spatial Profiler (DSP) and the CosMx™ Spatial Molecular Imager (SMI) platform. As a result, scientists can see the multiomic expression of genes and proteins in the natural context of tissue structure.
Since our founding in 2003, we have earned a reputation as a respected, trusted pioneer of innovative technologies that support our customers in their relentless pursuit of answers. Our products are based on a novel digital molecular barcoding technology invented at the Institute for Systems Biology (ISB) in Seattle under the direction of Dr. Leroy Hood.
With our technologies, our customers continue to extend our understanding of biology to answer previously unsolvable questions with consistent, reliable results.
However, NanoString is much more than innovative products. The secret sauce to the company’s success is our people, who are committed to excellence and dedicated to catalyzing the next biological revolution. Collectively, we live our corporate values of ambition, grit, ingenuity, authenticity, and customers every day…and never stop asking “What if?”
As a part of the Customer Experience (CX) Organization, the regionally based Field Application Scientist (FAS) works closely with regional commercial As a part of the Customer Experience (CX) Organization, the regionally based Field Application Scientist (FAS) works closely with regional commercial counterparts to ensure customer adoption and success. Through regionally preselling, training, and supporting NanoString products, the FAS assists with the scientific strategy to contribute to additional revenue growth from commercial opportunities within the region.
Territory & Travel: This is a home office-based field customer support role, visiting clients in the San Francisco Bay Area and Oregon. Additional travel to Seattle headquarters for trainings and occasional domestic travel to attend companywide meetings and conferences expected.
- Engage with new and existing customers to educate, support and train them on NanoString products and platforms
- In pre-sales environments, conduct seminars to educate and scientifically collaborate with customers in the planning and design of scientific projects to either support the purchase of an instrument or through partnership with an institutional/regional core lab or CRO (if available)
- In post-sales environments, train new customers and scientifically partner with clients in project scoping and design elements to increase product adoption and usage and participate in the cultivation of revenue generating post-sales support and consultative opportunities
- Conduct data analysis sessions and/or point to resources to enable regional customers to accelerate full adoption of technologies, providing on-site troubleshooting as needed
- In partnership with the Regional Commercial Team, identify opportunities through relationship building with clients to position the power and utility of NanoString’s technologies for their research or developmental efforts
- Partner closely with the Regional Commercial team in the positioning of new technologies as they are released and develop partnerships that may contribute to early access programs for these technologies
- Collaborate with CX Team counterparts in supporting customers and their scientific applications
- Contribute to the development and refinement of processes and materials used by the CX organization to improve the information and tools needed by the global team to advance the needs of our customers and to help to build a world-class customer experience organization.
- Provide client and product feedback to internal teams as required
- Mentor and train other members of the CX Team as needed
- Complete administrative duties as required
Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific Skills):
- Commercial/Industry experience desirable (as a Scientist, FAS, or sales/sales support role)
- Ph.D. in a molecular biology/biochemistry related field preferred, but candidates with commensurate experience will be considered.
- At least 3 years of relevant practical laboratory experience and technical expertise
- Focused research/academic experience in any of the following fields is highly preferred: Immunology, Immuno-oncology, Oncology, Neurobiology, Infectious Diseases, or Auto Immune Diseases
- Experience and/or deep understanding of the following areas highly preferred: Gene Expression analysis, miRNA, Copy Number Variation, IHC, Flow Cytometry, RNASeq, qPCR, and Protein Expression assays
- Experience with biostatistics and computational data analysis is strongly preferred
- An understanding of drug discovery/development process and/or immune oncology space is desirable
- Requires excellent organizational and communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience in delivering scientific presentations to a diverse audience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent customer service skills
- Ability to travel within territory (including some overnight) for customer support and training. Approximately 90% of regular customer meetings will be within the San Francisco Bay Area with the remainder being within Oregon.
- Strong working knowledge of the sales process as well as a good understanding of the Miller Heiman selling process and terminology preferred but not required.
Target Base Salary Range:
$95,000 – $131,000
$40,000 at plan, uncapped
Base salary is an integral part of NanoString’s total compensation package. Base salary considers an individual’s skills, experience, and competitive market value. The base salary range represent what NanoString pays for a job within a salary grade based on external market data in comparison to similar positions from other companies in our industry. Employees generally enter a salary grade at the lower-to-mid-point in the range.
Other compensation elements include a discretionary annual bonus, incentive compensation for sales roles, Restricted Stock Unit (RSU) grants for all new hires, comprehensive benefit plans and paid time off, including designated holidays.
NanoString is Premier Career Development Sponsor at Biotech Networks Event: Scientific Speed Networking in Seattle September 6th 2023, meet them there!