Manager: Associate Director, Nonclinical Project Management
Location: Richmond, CA
Sangamo Therapeutics is a genomic medicine company building value with cutting-edge work across four distinct but complementary technology platforms – gene therapy, cell therapy, in vivo genome editing, and in vivo genome regulation. At Sangamo, we are passionate in developing genomic medicines to transform the lives of patients with serious diseases. We transform lives by building a robust, sustainable, differentiated, innovative, and high value genomic medicine pipeline that addresses patients with life-limiting conditions. Sangamo takes pride in being the first to edit endogenous human genes, first to treat patients with gene edited T cells, and first to treat patients with in vivo genome editing. Our top priority is to meet the needs of patients with commitment and compassion. Along with our commitment to science and to our patients, we also endeavor to create an inclusive environment that promotes and values diversity. Sangamo is a company where individuals can flourish, grow and develop their expertise.
We are seeking top talent to join our mission. Let’s build a better future together.
Sangamo Therapeutics is seeking a candidate for Project Manager of Nonclinical Project Management. This individual will project manage drug development programs for the Nonclinical Development Department ranging from pre-IND through BLA/MAA. The candidate will provide project management and drug development expertise to Nonclinical Operations, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Pharmacokinetics, and Biomarker and Bioanalytical and Sciences and cross functional stakeholders. This individual will partner with the Nonclinical Subteam Lead in driving the operational and strategic direction to meet the overall program goals and objectives. The individual will identify and manage key project deliverables, cross functional dependencies, and milestones; maintain and track nonclinical timelines and dashboards to ensure accurate planning, communication and decision making; identify and manage risks. This Nonclinical Project Manager will work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams, collaborators, and consultants to design and efficiently execute nonclinical programs that support clinical development and regulatory submissions.
- Responsible for project managing nonclinical aspects of development programs from late-stage research to clinical phase.
- Facilitate cross-functional planning of nonclinical deliverables and activities across departments to align dependencies, schedules, and budgets.
- Develop and manage detailed nonclinical project plans that integrate key activities, timelines, and track the critical path aligned with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Represent the Nonclinical Department in cross-functional teams to ensure nonclinical deliverables are aligned with clinical and regulatory activities.
- Partner with Nonclinical Sub-team Lead to facilitate team meetings including, development of meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and tracking of cross functional action items.
- Track budgets, anticipate scope changes, and communicate changes that may impact the project budget to appropriate key stakeholders.
- Facilitate risk management discussions and develop risk mitigation plans with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the creation and use of project management standards, processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/BA in Biological Sciences or closely related field of study
- 4-8 years of experience in drug development (pharma/biotech) with a 3-5 years of nonclinical project management experience
- IND/CTA and NDA/BLA development experience
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work effectively with project teams.
- Ability to build and foster cross-functional collaborations both internally and externally at Sangamo.
- Experience in gene and cell therapy development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams
- PMP Certification a plus
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The above duties are representative only; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Note to External Recruiters: Please understand that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than from the candidates themselves. Any agency or independent recruiter must have a signed copy of our agency agreement before presenting candidates. Submission of unsolicited resumes without our signed agreement will not create any implied obligation on our part.If you wish to be considered for the presentation of candidates, please contact us through Recruiting@sangamo.com. Attach your contact information, your area of specialty, and any marketing information you wish to provide. Someone from the Talent Acquisition Department will contact you directly if there is a business need for your services.