You enjoy solving all kinds of problems and make it your mission to optimize and improve any process you come across. You thrive working in many different team environments and enjoy seeking out information from many sources to find a solution. You are not afraid to charge ahead on a challenge and course correct as necessary based on experimental data or new information.
- Identify, develop, optimize and deploy new high-throughput screening models and assays to apply custom solutions to the unique challenges of different projects
- Design, execute and analyze efficient experiments to solve problems and improve understanding of biological and operational processes
- Work collaboratively with scientists, automation, and software engineers to build efficient, automated laboratory work flows in support of high throughput screening solutions
- Propose innovative and impactful projects using risk/reward assessments
- Work with cross-functional project teams to develop and deploy tools (both laboratory and analysis) to support production of different molecules
- Contribute to the overall scientific knowledge and skill level of the group through collaborating, teaching, and interacting with group members at all levels
- Directly manage or mentor associate scientists to accomplish any of the above tasks
- The most important requirement for this position is a desire to solve problems and share knowledge. If you like challenges, gamification, and the eternal search for the most optimal process or the most elegant experiment, you will fit well in this team. A sense of humor and comradery are also critical requirements. We are interested in arguments for how your track record of innovation, design and collaboration can trump a lack of experience in one specific area below.
- Ph.D in relevant field with 5+ years of Industrial experience
- Experience in high-throughput process development preferred.
- Experience in yeast and e. coli microtiter-cell culturing methods preferred.
- Experience developing assays for UV-Vis spectroscopy, fluorescence, and LC-MS preferred.
- Experience using statistical packages, data visualization tools, and scripting languages for data manipulation, analysis, mining, and process improvement.
- Knowledge of microbial physiology, central carbon metabolism, or fermentation a plus.
- Proven ability to influence peers and work with others to affect organizational change.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.