NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in patients with liver fibrosis stage 4 (F4) and compensated cirrhosis due to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and the drug candidate NGM120 is in a Phase 1/2 study for the treatment of advanced solid tumors and pancreatic cancer. NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2024, focuses primarily on the development of novel medicines for unmet patient needs in retinal and CVM diseases, and provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
We are currently seeking an immunoassay expert in assay development and troubleshooting with extensive hands on experience mainly focus on TK/PK and immunogenicity assays. Experience with Nab assays and biomarker assays is a plus. As Manager reporting to the Director of Bioanalytical Group, performs and directs assay development, method transfer, and sample analysis for non-clinical and clinical bioanalytical activities; assigns and monitors projects and supervises bioanalytical scientific staff. Assists Director to QC and review protocols, study data and reports generated by the group or CROs. Understands corporate goals and timelines and assumes responsibility to ensure they are met. Work extensively with internal groups and CROs to ensure the on time delivery and study quality.
- Supervisory responsibilities including training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; demonstrating commitment to quality; efficiently prioritizing and delegating workload.
- Plays an important role in early stage assay design and development, reagent selection and life cycle management, and troubleshooting with extensive hands on skills and experience.
- Performs management review of data and communicate trends or anomalies in data.
- Effectively manages assigned resources to complete work assignments, build an effective team environment and utilize staff according to the strengths and skill sets to generate reliable and reproducible data under aggressive timelines.
- Willingness to perform additional work as assigned by management and as part of individual development plan.
- Provides accurate and timely project status/updates to management and to internal groups.
- Presents experimental results to multidisciplinary, bioanalytical, regulatory and clinical team meetings.
- Develops direct reports; establishes goals and provides periodic performance feedback including conducting formal performance appraisals. Creates an environment which stimulates, develops, and promotes the scientific and career development of direct/indirect reports.
- Maintains accurate and complete safety records consistent with company policy and legal requirements. Recognizes potential safety problems and takes action to rectify them.
- PhD, 8+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry, 5+ years leading a bioanalytical team
- MS, 10+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry, 7+ years leading a bioanalytical team
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program participation, 401(k) and a comprehensive, industry-leading, benefits package.
Qualified candidates please apply at the link below.