NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in patients with liver fibrosis stage 4 (F4) and compensated cirrhosis due to non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and the drug candidate NGM120 is in a Phase 1/2 study for the treatment of advanced solid tumors and pancreatic cancer. NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2024, focuses primarily on the development of novel medicines for unmet patient needs in retinal and CVM diseases, and provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
NGM is excited to hire a Senior Research Associate to join our Bioanalytics team. This role is perfect for someone with at least 5 years of experience developing assays, ideally for an organization focused on biologics drug discovery.
- Design and develop a broad range of PK, ADA, and Neutralizing immunoassays using ELISA and/or MSD platform to support early development, preclinical, and clinical studies
- Perform or develop assays on Gyrolab, Luminex or LC-MS platforms, as well as solid phase extraction methods on samples
- Perform Assays in an environment modeled from GLP/GCP compliance
- Testing of non-GLP samples
- Planning experiments
- Manage workflow and logistics within assigned projects
- Transfer qualified assays to CROs Perform assay troubleshooting and update assay methods accordingly
- Interpret and analyze data using MSD Discovery Workbench, Excel, Graph Pad, JMP
- Record data using an electronic notebook system
- Communicate and present data to senior staff and group members in weekly team meetings
- BA/BS in biology-related discipline and 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience, or MS in biology-related discipline with 3+ years relevant laboratory experience
- Must be able to communicate and multi-task effectively within a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of self-motivation and organization
- Hands-on experience in labeling proteins and antibodies is strongly desired
- Experience in GLP bioanalytical assay validations is strongly desired
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program participation, 401(k) and a comprehensive, industry-leading, benefits package.
Qualified candidates please apply at the link below.