- Fremont, CA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group’s key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 4.56 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins Discover X is searching for a Biologics Commercial Business Lead in Fremont, CA.
This position entails daily floor level and strategic responsibility for building and growing the Bioassay lot release business unit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Execute on operational, commercial, innovation, and quality components of the DiscoverX Bioassay business unit
· Provides strategic, commercial and technical leadership
· Regularly reviews and approves technical and operational documents to manage release of existing or new products
· Works closely with Eurofins-DiscoverX Head of Operations and Reagent Operations to meet operational objectives and regulatory expectations of bioassay producs
· Works closely with DiscoverX sales and commercial operations to help deliver on financial objectives
· Works closely with DiscoverX innovation team to develop new products and services
· Makes hiring, reorganization and restructuring recommendations and suggestions to drive efficiencies and productivity
· Responsible on business unit capabilities to deliver on NPI pipeline, support marketing and commercial team on existing bioassay products and build Fremont as center of excellence for bioassay development
· Engages with technical KOL and regulatory internally and externally on biologics discovery and especially QC Lot release market, as appropriate
Assists in long-term planning and service diversification; including evaluation of potential licensing and out-sourcing opportunities
· Serves as a technical and commercial champion of the Lot Release Market and delivers on the vision to make DiscoverX leading bioassay provider in the industry
· Previous experience in managing and reviewing P&L is preferred
· Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
· Regular attendance and punctuality
· Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
· Performs other duties as assigned
Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
· Ability to build a cohesive team comprised of staff with a variety of backgrounds.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret most complex documents.
· Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
· Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
· Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to public groups and internal senior leadership team.
· Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
· Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
· Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
· Ability to positively interface with a client, regulatory and internal company base.
Ability to travel and overnight stays globally
Position is full-time, with a base schedule Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with additional hours as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Basic Minimum Qualifications (BMQ):
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
MS/Ph.D cell biology, Biochemistry, Protein Chemist and other related field or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.