Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Expansion and maintenance of clonal cell lines for compound testing.
- Culturing and expansion of clonal cell line, assay ready, and bioassay cells following detailed SOPs
- Preparing cell stocks for automated seeding.
- Organization and maintenance of frozen cell stock libraries.
- Production of cell stocks suitable for compound testing.
- Managing assay and cell culture supplies.
- Maintain good aseptic technique and practices.
- Troubleshooting issues related to cell line performance.
- Providing support in high throughput screens and profiles.
- Supporting team members for group projects.
- Maintain laboratory equipment, reagent inventories, and laboratory notebooks
- Participation in and presentation at group laboratory meetings.
- Participation in general lab maintenance and adhere to Lean principles.
- Prepare reagents and cell culture media using aseptic technique
- Revise or generate new SOPs as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate would posses:
- Experience in culturing mammalian cells
- Experience with performing cell based or ELISA assays
- Impeccable organization, efficiency and ability to multitask
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- BS or MS in cell biology / biochemistry with at least 1 year of cell-based cell production in an industrial which includes expertise in culturing various cell lines
- A solid understanding of basic biochemistry and cell biology
- Team-oriented and accustomed to working with other scientists
- Comfortable and experienced working in a commercially focused lab environment
- Detailed orientated and consistent in experimental approach
- Hands on experience with cell culture and aseptic technique
- Able to utilize basic math and chemistry concepts for preparing solutions and cell suspensions.
- Able to follow SOPs, make careful observation, and to keep clear and complete records of work.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.