Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Research Associate for Protein Drug Product Analysis to support our Professional Scientific Services group in South San Francisco, CA.
Research Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Fundamental knowledge of proteins and antibodies (specific experience with protein formulation a plus)
- Data analysis experience with Microsoft Excel or similar programs and ELN
- General wet lab skills including protein chromatographic characterization (SEC, IEC, RP-HPLC), UV-visible spectroscopy and colorimetric assays
- Basic understanding of GMP and GLP procedures
- Perform analysis of samples with a variety of biochemical and biophysical assays including HPLC, ELSD, icIEF, sub-visible particle counting, osmolality, capillary electrophoresis sodium dodecyl sulfate (CE-SDS)
- Prepare data for presentations, assist in generating technical reports, and interact with other groups within the department
- Perform independent reviews and peer review of analytical data
- Troubleshoot method and instrumentation problems as needed
- Initiate and perform investigations and development as needed
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities:
- Strong organizational, scientific, computational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented, dependable, and a self-starter
- Knowledge of protein biochemistry
- Ability to conduct process characterization and process validation experiments, design-of-experiment robustness studies, as well as assay qualification studies
- Basic to advanced analytical knowledge in characterizing proteins with HPLC-based chromatographic techniques, electrophoresis methods, spectroscopy, and other biophysical characterization techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, adaptable and with a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, attention to detail, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related degree concentration
- 1-2 years of industrial experience, or 1-2 years of academic research experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options. To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.