Lucence is a precision oncology company founded on a vision of a world without avoidable cancer deaths. We develop advanced liquid biopsy blood tests that select suitable cancer treatments by molecular profiling. We are looking for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist / Medical Technologist who identifies with our mission to fight cancer and wants to grow with the company at our laboratory in Palo Alto, California.
As our Clinical Laboratory Scientist / Medical Technologist, your role in setting up and being part of our laboratory operations would allow more people in the United States to access our advanced liquid biopsy technology.
Your day-to-day duties would include:
- Performing high complexity testing according to established SOPs for molecular diagnostic techniques, including nucleic acid extraction, PCR, genotyping, and next generation sequencing.
- Correctly receiving, requisitioning, processing, and ensuring proper identification of specimens and chain of custody.
- Evaluating sample integrity and adhering to relevant procedures in cases of unacceptable specimens.
- Setting up new laboratory equipment and performing equipment maintenance checks on a regular basis or as needed.
- Managing laboratory supplies and inventory.
- Participating in reagent and assay quality control and validations as needed.
- Participating in internal and external quality assurance programs.
- Troubleshooting assays and instruments as needed.
- Maintaining strict quality standards according to the laboratory?s accreditation standards, e.g. CAP, CLIA, ISO.
- Documenting all corrective actions taken should test systems deviate from the laboratory?s established performance specifications.
- Preparing for internal/external audits as needed.
With offices in Singapore, Hong Kong and Suzhou, joining Lucence means you will be part of an international and dynamic team striving towards our vision of a world without avoidable cancer deaths. It is important to us that every team member is aligned with the progress and goals of the company regardless of one?s physical location ? this would require you to be comfortable accommodating international time zones for online company-wide events, cross-team discussions and remote training, when necessary.
To be a good fit for this role, you would have:
- At least a Bachelor?s degree in Biological Sciences, Life Sciences or a relevant field.
- An active California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license in good standing.
- At least 2 years of experience working in an accredited (e.g. CAP) clinical laboratory.
- Familiarity with molecular diagnostic techniques, especially next generation sequencing. Experience in liquid biopsy is advantageous.
- Familiarity with laboratory information management systems.
- Prior experience setting up a clinical molecular diagnostics laboratory would be highly advantageous.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Willingness to ?roll your sleeves up? and pave the way forward for constructive progress, even when the road ahead isn?t easy!
Specific title may be calibrated to match a given candidate?s experience.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line. In addition, get creative and tell us in the email in less than 100 words (in any language you like) why you think you will be a right fit for Lucence. Don?t limit yourself to a job description or job title, the world needs every skill you have.