- Fremont, CA, USA
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.?Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
?In 2019, Eurofins generated?total revenues of EUR ? 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Eurofins DiscoverX is a leader in providing innovative solutions to the pharmaceutical industry by developing, manufacturing, and commercializing cell lines, cell-based assay kits, and supporting reagents. ?Eurofins DiscoverX Products, LLC is seeking a driven Associate Scientist to fill an important role within our assay development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for routine cell line engineering using various technologies, including CRISPR/Cas9, viral transduction (lentiviral system) and various expression systems to support product development and client-driven custom projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will be responsible for maintenance and optimization of viral particle production and viral transduction for cell line development
- Will use genome engineering technologies such as CRISPR/Cas9 and heterologous expression systems for routine cell line development, and support other assay developers in R&D team to facilitate rapid development of novel and innovative assays for the Eurofins DiscoverX product portfolio or custom development projects
- Performs appropriate characterization of parental and engineered cell lines, such as flow cytometry, qPCR, immunofluorescence or Western blotting, as needed
- Provides appropriate documentation and technical support for downstream users of novel assays, including contributions of protocols and scientific content to user manuals, client reports, etc.
- Presents results in both written and oral format and deliver data to appropriate stakeholders within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) and quality assurance (QA) requirements
- Previous experience with CRISPR/Cas9 and lentiviral transductions highly desirable.
- Extensive mammalian cell culture expertise with immortalized cells required.
- Hands on experiences with basic molecular biology, including nucleic acid purification, PCR primer design, genotyping and sequence analysis
- Familiar with basic NCBI genome analysis tools such as Blast and molecular biology tools such as SnapGene,
- Hands on experience with various transgene delivery systems, particularly lentiviral or retroviral transduction systems
- B.S. or M.S in cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline, with a minimum of 2 years of industry (preferred) or 3 years of academic experience with career focus in experimental biology
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm.? Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA?are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.