Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Laboratory Technician to support Compound Management in our Professional Scientific Services group in South San Francisco, CA.
- Manually weigh solid samples, perform dilution calculations, and solubilize samples using an automated liquid handler
- Operate and troubleshoot automated liquid handlers (Tecan, etc.), analytical balances, fume hoods and weighing enclosures
- Work independently and as part of a team, communicate with internal and external clients, and support the general lab workflow in a cross-functional environment
- Train and demonstrate safety proficiency prior to handling any potentially hazardous compounds
- Handle data, track inventory, keep accurate records, and support the shipping process
- Comply with safety rules and regulations, follow SOPs, wear appropriate PPE, and report deviations to line-management
- Analysis of data using Microsoft Excel or similar programs
- Prepare and present data in PowerPoint format
- Document, Author, and Review notebooks or technical reports
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Experience with single- and multi-channel manual pipettes
- Excellent oral and written communication, ability to follow instructions and written protocols
- Ability to multi-task while working safely and independently
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- A passion for delivering quality service and internally motivated to learn and grow
- Strong organization, scientific, computational, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience
- Experience with liquid handling instruments
- Degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, life sciences, or other related degree concentration
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living in a commutable distance to South San Francisco, CA are encouraged to apply.
What we Offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients’ site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client’s quality systems and equipment.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.