Consider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for a Flow Cytometry Associate to support our Professional Scientific Services group in South San Francisco, CA.
- Provide core flow cytometry services including system startup, QC, and shutdown
- Operate and troubleshoot flow cytometer and cell sorter instruments
- Assist in design and execution of flow cytometry studies as feasible
- Act as a liaison to manufacturer’s engineers to troubleshoot and coordinate preventative maintenance of instruments
- Train and assist other laboratory scientists in the operation and function of flow cytometers and cell sorters
- Maintenance and cleaning of instruments, including autoclaving of tanks and regularly performing long cleans according to schedule
- Create and maintain a routine maintenance and preventative maintenance schedule for all instruments
- Comply with safety rules and regulations
- Analysis of data using Microsoft Excel or similar programs
- Prepare and present data in PowerPoint format
- Document, Author, and Review notebooks or technical reports
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- At least 2 years of experience with BD flow cytometry and sorter instruments
- Experience with cell sorting into tubes and/or plates (Aria)
- Strong working knowledge of FlowJo, FCSExpress, and Microsoft Excel
- A passion for delivering quality service and internally motivated to learn and grow
- Strong organization, scientific, computational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience
- Degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, analytical chemistry, life sciences, or other related degree concentration
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living in a commutable distance to South San Francisco, CA are encouraged to apply.
What we Offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services® (PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients’ site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client’s quality systems and equipment.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including your expected salary and possible start date via our career website.