Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There’s something special about working at Astellas. It’s reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Principal/Sr. Scientist, Immuno-Oncology opportunity at their new affiliate Xyphos in South San Francisco, CA.
The primary purpose of the Immuno-Oncology Senior Scientist is to lead research and early preclinical development efforts in order to identify tumor targets and clinical indications to which the convertibleCARTM platform can be applied.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads efforts to identify tumor targets and indications that would best leverage the modularity of the convertibleCARTM platform to develop pipeline candidates
- Develops and executes cell-based functional assays to generate data supporting the selection or rejection of a tumor target
- In collaboration with Translational Medicine colleagues designs and executes in vivo models to progress to definitive preclinical development
- Designs, implements, and interprets flow cytometry-based experiments to explore immune cell biology in the context of tumors
- Interfaces with oncology contract research organization (CROs) and other team members to design, troubleshoot, and implement animal model studies
- Processes and condenses data for efficient, organized, and thoughtful presentations during internal meetings
- Provide scientific expertise, including maintaining familiarity with relevant scientific literature, and mentor others in relevant research
- Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed