DiscoverX is searching for a Senior Scientist, to join our team in Fremont, CA.
Eurofins DiscoverX is a leader in providing solutions and support to the pharmaceutical industry by developing, manufacturing, and commercializing reagents, cell-based assay kits, and profiling and screening services.
Senior Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Optimization of assays to obtain robust performance in screening applications
· Validation of cell based assays for profiling and screening projects
· De novo assay development and qualification using diverse technologies for high value projects
· Coordination of junior staff activities and priorities and mentorship
· Strategic and Tactical recommendations to team senior leadership
· Generation of reference data for qualification of assays
· Routine testing of customer compounds
· Instrument protocol optimization and validation
· Daily laboratory notebook entry
· Daily database documentation entry
· Develop a detailed understanding of the various platforms offered; provide guidance and support
· Project report generation and review
· Monthly Inventory report generation
· Participation in and presentation at group laboratory meetings
· Perform other duties as required and assigned
· Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
· Regular attendance and punctuality
· Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
· Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
· Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
· Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
· Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
· Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Expertise in GPCR based signaling assays strongly desired (i.e GPCR cAMP and Ca2+ Second messenger assays)
· Experience with lab automation strongly desired (liquid handlers / plate readers, robotics)
· Experience with database-based analysis software preferred (Activity Base / Spotfire)
· Experience coordinating and mentoring junior staff strongly desired
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· PhD in cell biology or biochemistry plus 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
· Must be willing to help co-workers at all times and to provide recommendations to senior leadership on best strategies and tactics to achieve goals
· Quantitative expertise (potency calculations; thermodynamics; kinetics) required. Proven assay development and troubleshooting expertise in diverse assay types required
· Must be detailed orientated and consistent in experimental approach
· Must be team-oriented and accustomed to working with other scientists
· Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
· Must be comfortable and experienced working in a commercially focused lab environment
· Quantitative skills required, including data analysis software and robust interpretation, including troubleshooting and strategic planning
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.