Eurofins DiscoverX is searching for an Technical Sales Specialist Northwest, to join our team.
The position’s primary responsibility will be to support the entire Eurofins Discovery portfolio for the Pacific North West and Western Canada with a focus on developing and growing transactional business, providing lead identification, qualification and prospection for the Business Development Managers in the territory.
In Technical Sales Specialist Northwest responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for sales of Eurofins Discovery products and services
- Achieve/exceed sales targets for the assigned geographic territory
- Identify, triage, qualify, and close sales leads using multiple modes of selling including social selling and the use of social media
- Directly manage small, transactional-based accounts
- Maintain an accurate sales forecast and update account maps
- Perform gap analysis in transactional accounts
- Have an awareness of large service contracts and their expiration date in order to help facilitate renewals
- Provide weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Triage technical inquiries
- Maintain a strong understanding of the entire portfolio, a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge to drive business
- Work with Client Services to generate appropriate quotes and work plans
- Work as a team with field-based Business Development Managers to secure POs and contracts as well as provide back-up support
- Provide continuous customer related feedback to the Business Development Managers
- Provide cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Responsible for being reactive to customer requests
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows, and related activities as deemed necessary
- Perform other duties and lead special projects as required and assigned
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Adheres to site environmental health and safety (EHS) requirements
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, social media platforms, and other web-based applications
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Strong business development, organization, negotiation, scientific, and organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Deep understanding of Sales tools such as CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Customer-centric behavior
- Ability to work well in a team environment but also capable of working independently
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions, and reach a consensus
- Valid driver’s license
- Located near major airport and ability to travel up to 20% time in support of driving business to meet revenue objectives
- Ability to do occasional international travel
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- A minimum education of a MA/MS or PhD. in Pharmacology, Biology or similar Life Science degree with demonstrated experience in selling science based services
- Experience in drug discovery research or sales highly preferred
- Proven ability to analyze the global business trends to drive regional business development activities
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with additional hours as needed.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.