The San Diego Biotechnology Network/San Francisco Biotechnology Network (SDBN/SFBN) is in need of someone to manage digital marketing activities for approximately 10 hours per week, remotely, at $25 per hour. We prefer San Diego, or San Francisco and will consider in California, especially if within driving distance of either city. You will provide your own computer and work remotely.
The position is ideal for someone with a life science background who is between jobs or wants to get more marketing experience and network with life science companies. You will have input on the future growth and expansion of the SDBN/SFBN.
- Maintain SDBN/SFBN (WordPress) websites
- Send weekly email marketing communications, communicating with customers and managing schedules
- Help plan and implement events, including managing volunteers
- Schedule and post social media updates and increase follower base
- Maintain/update the biotech company directories
- Help grow the networks’ follower base and revenue
- Administrative support: customer communication
- Life science bachelor’s degree, or student (higher degree is OK, as long as below requirements are met)
- WordPress website management, including plugin installation, post authoring. Send link or screenshots for site(s) managed
- Constant contact, mailchimp, or other email marketing software, send examples or screenshots
- Event planning/logistics
- Social media account management in a professional setting: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram (at least 2)
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Google documents
- Image editing/simple graphic design–Photoshop/Illustrator, Gimp, Canva or similar
- Google analytics/adsense
- Podcast/audio editing
- HTML coding
- Sales or ability to be an extrovert when needed
To apply, email resume to email@example.com with “Part Time SDBN/SFBN Marketing Associate” in subject.